Director of Services
Ad number 2675102, visitors 22
Content of the advertisement:
Norwood are recruiting for an experienced Director of Services to work actively with the Chief Executive other Directors as necessary, in providing vision, leadership and direction.
With around 1250 passionate and committed staff, we deliver high quality services across a spectrum of age, need and ability.
Norwood is as devoted to our staff as we are to the people we look after. We offer a strong career progression, training and support to improve your skills. We have a range of care homes across London, and a major centre in Berkshire, plus our Head Office in North London.
Each and every role in Norwood is an essential part of the vital support services we offer.
Salary: circa £85,000
Hours: 35 hours per week (office closes early on Fridays)
Job Type: Permanent
Reporting To: Chief Executive
Location: London – Stanmore
1. To work actively with the Chief Executive other Directors as necessary, in providing vision, leadership and direction which ensures that Norwood’s services are delivered to the highest standard and are consistent with the principles and values of personalisation, independence and social inclusion.
2. As a senior manager of the organisation, take a leading role in the transformation and change agenda so that a culture of continuous and ambitious improvement and efficiency is embedded in service design and delivery.
3. Facilitate and lead senior managers and services staff in their collaboration with other departments, key stakeholders and users of services to promote creative and innovative ways to deliver services which meet the needs of the people we support, and promotes the capacity of individuals within the Jewish Community.
4. Design and develop imaginative approaches to service delivery which further enhance relationships with funders of services, partner organisations and principal agencies maximising income opportunities and promoting efficiencies.
5. Using sound business processes, plan for, and oversee the leadership and management of the day to day operations through the implementation of Norwood’s strategic plan ensuring that managers and other staff are equipped with the appropriate resources, advice and knowledge to enable the services to perform within government directives and regulatory requirements as appropriate. This includes participation in the out-of-hours arrangements in support of the 24-hour nature of service delivery.
6. To act as a positive ambassador for Norwood and in the capacity of Director to attend appropriate meetings and events, representation to external bodies, decision making and providing expert, professional advice to executive and non-executive management ensuring support for the broader management and strategic direction of the organisation.
7. To pro-actively participate in the overall setting and control of the operational revenue and capital budgets ensuring that all costs are managed and services are financially viable and sustainable.
8. Within the framework of Health and Social Care Legislation, Safeguarding Procedures and general good practice to lead on the implementation of Norwood’s policies ensuring that the services are safe and of high quality, ensuring that risks are recorded, regularly reviewed and reported as required.
9. To understand the Jewish context of Norwood’s services and ensure the provision of services meets all relevant requirements.
Experience - Essential
Evidence of success as a senior manager within social care in the third or private sector.
Demonstrable experience and achievement in one or more of the designated service areas: .
Residential care and Supported Living for adults with learning disabilities and/or mental health difficulties.
Child and Adolescent mental health services.
Family Support Services.
Education including SEN/D or SEN/EBS.
Success in the design and development of innovative, personalised services that increase resilience and independence.
Demonstrable experience in the use of techniques and models for person-centred thinking and /or creative problem solving or equivalent.
Safeguarding of children, young people or adults at a senior level.
Able to demonstrate understanding of the challenges facing health, social care and educational services for adults and children.
Evidence of transforming and re-shaping services.
Revenue and capital budget setting for multi-million pound turnover services.
Experience - Desirable
Business management in the private sector.
Experience of early years services.
Experience of services for Learning Disability adults.
Experience of educations services.
Successful service development using person centred thinking , asset based approach or creative problem solving.
Project management for revenue projects.
Qualifications - Essential
Educated to at least degree level or equivalent.
Professional Health or Social Care Qualification or appropriate management qualification.
Qualifications - Desirable
Evidence of post-graduate personal development in business studies.
Evidence of post graduate development in relevant area .
Relevant project management qualification.
Skills - Essential
Ability to manage the operations of multiple complex services.
Clear understanding of the Social Care, Health and Education Agenda.
Expert knowledge of compliance in respect of the given service areas, including safeguarding and Health and Safety legislation.
Skilled in business processes and financial management.
Demonstrable experience of delivering strategic change and transformation.
Skills - Desirable
Knowledge and understanding of asset based models, person centred thinking and creative problem solving.
Skilled in setting and monitoring key performance indicators within a support or care setting.
Knowledge and skilled in delivering outcome focused support and care.
Experienced in managing multiple projects.
Price / Salary:
Reply to this Ad
Director of Services